This week we share a message of Thanksgiving and encouragement.
Benefits of gratitude
(taken from Forbes magazine)
- Gratitude opens the door to more relationships. …
- Gratitude improves physical health. …
- Gratitude improves psychological health. …
- Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression. …
- Grateful people sleep better. …
- Gratitude improves self-esteem.
- Gratitude increases mental strength.
Scriptures on giving thanks:
- “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
- “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2
- “For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.” 1 Timothy 4:4-5
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” Psalm 28:7
- “Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High.” Psalm 50:14
- “I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30
- “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” Psalm 95:1-3
- “Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” Psalm 107:8-9