Continuing our discussion on kindness, we talk about why kindness is important, being wise and strategic with acts of kindness, and then the Top 10 Personal Benefits of Kindness. Share your acts of kindness in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Here are the top 10 personal benefits of kindness
- 10 – Produces oxytocin, known as the love hormone
- 9 – Oxytocin causes the release of causes the release of nitric oxide – lowering blood pressure
- 8 – Feel stronger and more energetic
- 7 – Less depressed, increased feelings of self-worth
- 6 – Generous people are happier
- 5 – Stimulates the production of serotonin, a hormone that has many functions contributing to things such as calmness, happiness and overall health.
- 4 – Better sleep
- 3 – Less cortisol (the stress hormone)
- 2 – Lower chances of premature death. People 55 and older who volunteer for two or more organizations have an impressive 44% lower likelihood of dying early
- 1 – The satisfaction of knowing you did your part to make the world a better place today
Additional resources: www.randomactsofkindness.org https://goodactsrevolution.wordpress.com/kind-acts/