Striving for Stuff vs. Contentment
One day last week I was at the Eaton’s Centre. With an hour before my next appointment, I found myself thinking of all the stuff I “needed” to buy. After a few minutes, snapping out of that mindset, I was able move from a striving mindset to peace, contentment and gratitude for all that I do have. I share the experience on this week’s webcast. Enjoy.
How to move from Striving for Stuff to peace and contentment: Consider Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
- Put God first and stop striving.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude.
- Distinguish needs from wants.
- Make sure your needs are looked after first, within the budget you have to work with.
- Anything else that is a want, do I have the money? What am I going to do with it? What is the purpose of buying it? Wait a week and see if it is still that important?
- Search the Bible for scriptures relating to contentment and God supplying our needs.
Dave Ramsey – “We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.” If you enjoy the Monday Motivation encourage your friends to subscribe.