Have you ever had a seven year old burst your bubble and give you a reality check. While cleaning out a book shelf last week I found a reminder of one such experience. This week’s webcast shares that experience and what I learned about being “Present and Fully Disengaged.”
Being disengaged has a number of consequences including:
- Other people think you don’t care
- Perceived lack of respect
- Missed opportunities
Romans 12:10 – Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.We honour others when we are engaged.
To be present and disengaged is a dishonour.
How do we change:
- Recognize it as a problem
- Get rid of distractions, put the phone away, turn off the TV
- Pray for strength to stay focused
- When you catch your mind wandering, STOP and force yourself back to the people/task of the moment
Motivation Challenge for the week
Think back over this past while about a time when you were present but disengaged. This week, when faced with a similar situation this week, what are you going to do differently?
Have a great week!